Is a 5 year laptop old? You must want a definitive answer to this question in order to know if it is time to replace your old laptop or not yet and whether you can benefit more from this device or not.
Honestly, this question concerns many people, not only those who own a laptop with these specifications, but those who are thinking of buying used or old devices, so we decided, because of the importance of the subject, to provide all the necessary benefits in terms of it, so follow the article with us.
Is a 5 year old laptop still good
The answer to the question “is a 5 year old laptop old” relates to many factors, as the age of laptops can be determined in general, but this does not mean that it applies to all types.
The lifespan of laptops varies from type to type and from specification to specification, but it is often between 3-5 years, less than the normal computer life of up to 8 years, but the question is how can I know that my laptop needs to be replaced?
I can know that my laptop needs to be replaced when:
- Repairing it becomes very expensive and needs a lot of spare parts.
- updated apps and antivirus software don’t work on it.
- It turns on and turns off slowly and takes a lot of time.
- the new version of the operating system is not working on it
- It can’t run two different apps at the same time.
- Fans start making annoying sounds.
Is a 5 year old laptop too old
We mentioned earlier that we can’t generalize the answer to the question “is a 5 year old laptop old” but we can tell you what to do if you want to buy it or replace it.
If you want to buy it, you have to follow these tips in order to get the required benefit from it as much as possible:
- Putting it away from the sun, pets and dust as much as possible.
- Putting hand sanitizer before using it and not eating next to it.
- Not covering it with fabrics or putting it on top of pillows, which prevents air from entering it and damages it.
- Not leaving it on charge for 24 hours and checking the charging cables permanently to make sure the charging process is fine.
- Cleaning it frequently and examining entry points around keycaps, keyboard surface, touchpad surface, speaker grilles, hinge, ports, vents, which saves maintenance costs and maintains the quality of its performance more and for a longer period.
- Deleting all useless or unused apps frequently and downloading the necessary updates.
If you want to replace it, you must visit stores like the DOKAN store!
Dokan is a Canadian retail store specialized in selling new, used and open box electronic devices for competitive and acceptable prices that are the best in the market.
In addition to meeting the needs of his customers, Dokan is interested in their happiness, offering them free gifts related to the product they bought and discounts as the 10% discount for all students in Canada.
5 year old laptop value
Many people want to know the answer to the “is a 5 year old laptop old” question in order to know exactly what this kind of laptops worth so that they can sell or buy it and below we will talk more about that:
The value of each laptop depends on several factors such as the performance, the originality of the components and many others, not only the age, but of course the value of a five-year-old laptop, no matter how clean, will not be equal to the value of a new laptop.
But if you want to determine the value of the 5 years old laptop mathematically, you have to take into account that the laptop loses a third of its value each year, which means that its value after a year will be 2/3 of its original value.
The needs of two people who have two five-year-old laptops or want to buy them are different from each other, which leads to their differing views regarding replacing or buying the device, so no matter how much we talk about this and whatever advice we give, the subject remains personal preferences!
READ MORE: How to choose the best laptop under Budget?